So you joined a network marketing company! Congratulations! Did your sponsor tell you to make a list of all your friends and family and start hitting them up with your product? Did you know that your friends and family are the hardest people to recruit into your business?
I was talking to a network marketer the other day and we were discussing these very issues. I was asking him how he was marketing his business and he told me that he made a list of his friends and family. I asked him how it was going.
His response was classic, “Great!”
I asked why he was calling me since I wasn’t on his friends and family list.
Again a classic response was “We have to talk to everyone!”
I asked him how he got my name.
“I saw you were a network marketer on LinkedIn”
I asked, “What is your point?”
He then told me that I should join his network marketing company.
I asked him why.
He then proceeded to tell me how good his product was, how it was helping people’s health, and it was a product that is ahead of its time. It had been sold for some years in stores, but the problem was that no one would buy it because they had no clue what it did. Through network marketing (word of mouth), the product could get a proper explanation.
Was I sold on his product or his company? NO!
Why do you think that is?
For me, there was no emotional conviction. There was a lot of information about the product, but I wanted to know how it was going to make me money. I have been in network marketing for some time, so I know the process works. Now what I wanted to know was how to present the product in the light of the needs of the person. To make money, a product or service must be sold. If I help enough people get what they want, then I will get what I want. If I can help another person with their health and finances, then I should be able to get the finances for my health.
Here is the rub!
People don’t care about health! People care about money. If they can make more money, then they can afford to care about their health. It takes money to eat better. It takes money to join a gym to exercise. It takes time and money to entertain and feed the family.
Making money and having more time is the impetus for most network marketers. Oh, they might say that it was the product, or the compensation plan, or the hype that got them involved, but the bottom line is that people want more time and more money.
However, people are not sales people. How do you make money? You either have to sell a product or a service or sell your time to another person who is going to use you to fulfill their dream.
What if you don’t like to sell or don’t want to talk to people? I know a ton of network marketers who love to talk, to stand up on stage and pontificate with lots of braggadocio! They develop the hype that anyone can do this and if they can do it, then anyone can do it.
What a lot of hogwash! NOT everyone can do it.
Sometimes we need help. Sometimes we don’t like to talk to people. Sometimes we don’t have the desire to talk to everyone within 3 feet. Sometimes we don’t want to talk to anyone.
Sales people can’t afford to do that. This is their livelihood and if they can’t talk they don’t make sales. However, only 5% of the population are in the category. What about the other 95%?
How can we build our network marketing company if we don’t want to sell or talk to people.
What if there was a way we could work with someone who will do the talking for us?
I found a company called GPN. They do the selling for me. The do the talking for me. They find the people who are interested in my business and give me a call to introduce me to the prospect. Now, I only talk to those who are interested in my business. In addition, they will coach me on how to talk to people successfully.
Interested? You would you like more information?